Monday, April 6, 2009

My daughter's help, Lesson Two and Meeting with my Dance Buddy

Hi Everyone!

I want to give a shout out to my daughter, Tabitha, who helped me start this blog and added the ABBA dancing Queen music. Thanks Tabitha!She is the best! I love you, Tab. She is my biggest cheerleader and supporter. I am hers! Here's a picture of us after her graduation from the Baltimore County Police Department. I am so proud of her. I pray to St. Michael to watch out for her. I am hoping she will be at the performance on May 16 to cheer me on. I have already bought her a ticket, so...




Well, I just finished my second dance lesson! Bill and I met at the Ocean City Health and Racket Club again. Thank you to the Furst Family! Bill worked me hard tonight. He was patient, but pushed me hard to get the best he could out of me. I have to admit I was getting pretty tired by the end of the class! We practiced the basic steps and time seemed to fly by. We even did a little fancier moves. I have a ways to go! I can't wait to get my dance shoes. I ordered them this week and should be getting them by Friday. I am secretly hoping they will magically turn me into a dancer! You know, you put on the shoes and they do the dance and all you have to do is wear them! I believe, I believe...
Bill gave me a great lesson and pep talk. I have a lot of practicing to do especially with my frame work and hands! I will practice Bill-no more fly swatter, please!!!! :) We need to pick out a song. What is your favorite 70's disco music? Send me some songs!


I spoke with Leighton Moore, the owner of Seacrets nite club here in Ocean City. We are going to meet this week to discuss a fundraiser at his club. I will keep you all posted with the date and time of the event! Mr. Moore is very generous to the Ocean City community. He has been involved with many fundraisers for a lot of good causes. I appreciate his willingness to assist with this cause. I have it from a good source that he was asked to dance as one of the stars but couldn't because of a knee injury. (Now why didn't I think of that one! :) ) Check back for the date and time of the event at Seacrets.

I met with my Wellness Community dance buddy, Teresa, today after work. She is wonderful. We grabbed a bite to eat and discussed strategies for raising money. We had a great meeting. She is working hard on getting the word out for me and making posters/cards to hand out. Thanks again Teresa!

If you have any ideas, please post them here!

I called my friend, Liz, to help me too. She agreed and came up with some great ideas! Liz, Teresa and I will meet again next week to discuss more concepts for raising funds. Teresa and Liz are full of energy and enthusiasm. I've got a great team behind me! Thank you Ladies!



I got a great email from Bill's wife, Sue. She sent me sone dance catalogues and she suggested asking the readers of this blog to give me some input and ideas for a costume/outfit to wear for the dance. So... tell me what you think I should wear. You've seen my photos so---send me some ideas for 70's dress. I am thinking about auctioning off the right to choose my outfit. I may put three choices on this blog and let the highest bidder pick. What do you think?


Here's another photo of my dance studio and my partner, Bill. He will be giving dance lessons at the YMCA this Tuesday and Wed.
On Tuesdays, April 7-28, May 5-26 and June 2-23 he will teach the West Coast Swing at the Salisbury YMCA located at 715 S. Schumaker Dr.
7:30-8:30 pm Advanced 8 count
8:30-9:30 pm Beginner 6 Count
On Wednesdays April8-29, May 6-27, and June 3-24, he will teach the hustle same location from 8:15 pm to 9:15 pm.
See Bill and Sue Goschen's web page bgdance.net for details.
Bill is a great dancer and teacher. You have got to take a lesson. It's fun, great exercise and it gets your mind off your troubles. It's a great way to reduce stress too.
Lastly for tonight----
Remember to vote/donate for DiPino at dancingwithdelmarvastars.com. I want to personally invite you to see my performance on May 16! It will be an event to remember! It will be fun! (funny?) Buy your ticket today! Tickets are limited so hurry and get yours now. It's easy! Just log on and donate/vote for me!
God Bless-
Dancing Chief B

No comments:

Post a Comment