Sunday, May 17, 2009

WE WON!!! Thank you to all our supporters! We Won!

News Flash: Bill and I won the Dancing with Delmarva Stars event last night! We scored the highest dance score and raised the most money! A perfect score!

It's Sunday and last night seems like a magical dream. I am so happy that Bill and I won! We got three perfect tens for our performance! I was so excited when the judges threw up three 10's !!!!We dance last in the line-up. The wait was a little (huge under estimate!) nerve racking, but well worth it. We brought down the house! We really performed our hearts out. Everyone cheered and gave us a standing ovation! The judges were so nice.
The after party was the bomb. (That means really wonderful!!) They had an ice cream sundae bar that was packed full of toppings. There was a dance room where everyone got out and danced. It was a great VIP event! My parents and daughter were at the event. They had so much fun. I was so glad my family and friends were there to support me. I could hear the Fire department and Ocean City officials cheering. Chief Laramore-we're going to sign you up for next year's event! You'll be great! I heard my sister Gina and my daughter Tabitha shout encouragement. All that helped me a lot. I couldn't see anything or anyone, but I could hear and the sounds you all made gave me the confidence I needed. I am grateful. Thanks again.

I am so proud of the other dancers and instructors. To me it was a twelve way tie. It was obvious to me that everyone there deserved to win between their costumes and dance performance. It was a great show and very entertaining. All the dancers were nervous but they looked wonderful. They were beautiful and looked like real Radio City Music Hall performers! I am a little bias though because I see the true beauty shine through each of them in their commitment to do this event. They worked so hard to raise money and guess what! The event raised over $49,000.00!!!! Each dance gave a lot of their time and money to make this event a success. You are all winners!

Because of my supporter's generosity I was able to raise over $7000.00 of that amount!! To all who voted for me---Thank you all so much for buying tickets, donating in my name and purchasing silent auction items. You are the reason Bill and I took home the trophy! Thank you and God Bless you.

I am still on cloud nine. It was amazing to dance and then to win. My dress by Janet Guiton, my hair by Jody and Kristin of Visions 123rd st Ocean City 410-250-5188, and my makeup by Lisa at Visions were amazing. I received so many compliments. Thank you for giving me the outward appearance which gave me the extra confidence I need to perform last night. Cathy of Visions donated my hair style and make up for the benefit. The staff at Visions is the best. From massage to hair cut, color, style and extensions to make up to manicure/pedicures, Visions is a complete spa destination located in the shopping area next to Hooters at 123rd street. Cathy also sells great purses, art work and jewelery too. One of the judges said I looked like an angel in my dress but danced like the devil! Everyone wanted to know where I got my dress. Well, it's a one of a kind Janet Guiotn origional! Thanks Janet!

I owe such a huge debt of gratitude to Bill Goeshen and his wife Sue. You all must take a dance lesson with Bill. www.bgdance.net -check them out. Bill is so much fun. It is so much fun, great exercise, and a big stress reliever. Bill worked so hard to make us shine last night. He deserves all the credit. As I told you, I have never had a dance lesson and Bill (and Sue!) worked so hard to help me pull off this dance. I enjoyed meeting them and developing a lifelong friendship with them. They are good people. They are moving to the Eastern Shore so we are lucky to have a great dance instructor within reach. I will be dancing again! I was blessed with Bill as my partner. He has such energy and fun attitude. Thanks again Bill and Sue for your encouragement, support and valuable time! Bill spent many hours working with me. He didn't have to, but he is a professional! Support dance please!

To the Wellness Center Staff! Congratulations! You did a great job and raised a lot of money for a worthwhile cause. I am so proud that you asked me to be a part of it. The event was as good as the real show!

I've got to run. I am on my way to another benefit-this one for the Alzheimer's association. There will be a dance floor there and I will be showing off my new dance moves. My next goal is to find a partner!!!:)

I will write again to thank everyone who helped me as well as show video and photos! I will also write more about the experience last night.

Thanks and God Bless,
Dancing Chief B

No comments:

Post a Comment